Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sleepless Summer

Well, most of you haven't heard from me in a very long time, unless it's been via this computer. I've been working hard to finish up my paintings for the WOAS show in Raleigh at the end of October. Painting what is basically a small solo show in 3 months has not been easy. But it has been a good lesson on diligence and determination. I've currently split my days into segments allowing for two, four hour naps a day, so that I can paint around the clock. Saving my old coffee in the fridge has been a blessing these days.
Southern Summer, Oil and Silver Leaf on Linen, 33x17

I've also started working with a lot of gold and silver leaf of late. It has been a learning process. Most days my studio looked like a gilded snow storm had swept in. It was like watching a blizzard of dollar bills blow around getting stuck to anything with tack and rendering them absolutely useless. Thankfully my learning curve was short and there's not so much waste now. 

Not yet titled, Oil with gold and silver leaf on linen, 36x24
(in progress. background will eventually be silver leaf with gold accents)

So I'd much rather be back at work, but this is the obligatory post since I just set this blog up. Back to work, back to making mistakes, and back to fixing them. I'll try to update soon. 

Life sized painting, Untitled, just started. eventually to be gilded and colored up. 


Happy Painting Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment